Monday, December 22, 2014

My first ever Christmas present


Welcome, friends and Romans, to The Cosmic Bystander!

Well, yesterday I received my first Christmas present.

Now, you're probably doing a double take. A nice Jewish boy like me getting Christmas presents? Am I high on sufganiya sugar? Has the Cosmic Bystander finally assimilated?

Well, no. It's from a guy in Ramat Gan.

At the beginning of the month, a friend and I decided to sign up for the Reddit Secret Santa 2014 exchange. This involves sending a Christmas present to another Redditor (who doesn't know who or where you are) and getting one from a different one.


Being the cheap, cosmic bastard I am, I didn't check 'international shipping' so I got some guy in Tel Aviv to ship to. Sunday two weeks ago I sent him a Rick & Morty mug and a Star Wars book. He got it about a week later and seemed happy.

Now last Tuesday an already great day (I'd booked tickets for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies) was improved by an email notification that my Secret Santa had sent my gift.


And yesterday it arrived!

What has it got in its pocketses, precious?


Two! Two PS3 games for the Bystander, precious!

Thank you Secret Santa for giving a nice Jewish boy his first taste of Christmas.

It might as well be Saturnalia, though. They're all celebrations of the winter solstice. Although with global warming, we'll probably end up calling it the summer-lite solstice.

Coming up soon on The Cosmic Bystander!

Bywatches: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Exodus: Gods and Kings
Byreads: The Way of Kings

No comments:

Post a Comment